
Friday's blog was a little skimpy, but I think I'm going to make up for it today. First, I hope you had a nice holiday weekend. We spent Easter with Greg and Judy and had a wonderful time. Much chocolate was consumed by all.
I took enough pictures that I think I'm just going to put a link to them.
Easter Pictures
7:00 Drop off. We waited to have breakfast because Adam had his first swimming lesson today and he can't eat before.
7:30 Adam and Jeremy left for swimming, we had breakfast. Ariel had mixed veggies and waffles.
8:10 On the way out the door to pick up Adam, Alex pointed out a giant conga line of ants marching through our dinning room and into the kitchen. We get ants every year at this time but they seem worse this year. My usually MO is to swiffer them up until they get sick of scouting in the house, but that's not helping. Neither did washing my floors with vinegar (but that needed to happen anyway). And then Ariel pooped so we were late getting Adam.
8:30 Pick up Adam. We were instructed to bring two towels and a mat, which we were unclear of its purpose. Jeremy reported that the mat seems to be for Adam to huddle and cry on after his lesson. Poor boy. The first week or so is hard but then he'll get it and have fun. Alex will start in a few weeks too.
9:45 Ellen is a good friend to have around. She's a planner. Because of Passover, there was no school today but Ellen came up with a full itinerary. We were to meet Ellen and her crew for a bike ride. Since she was running late, I stopped by Starbucks (Crissy, Dorothy says she misses you and says hi.) And after I got the coffee, Alex told me that he had to poop, so we had to go back in and take care of that. So all in all, we ended up being the late ones.
10:20 Met Ellen at the trail head. Alex rode his bike. Adam rode his tricycle with the pusher handle (so it's like a hard-to-maneuver stroller without the niceties of a cup holder and basket) and Ariel rode in the backpack, which she seemed to like. Alex couldn't keep up with Ted the Biking Machine, but he did ride all the way to the park without complaining, which is a record for both distance and whining.
11:00 Dinosaur park:
Ariel did the slide by herself:

Mae did too (though she thought she needed help):

Ted following Sam down the roller slide:

And Alex after Ted:

Adam showing Ariel the ins and outs of digging:

Poor Ole who couldn't go to the dog park by himself:

A great time was had by all at the park. Ariel did eat some sand, but I think she's going to be fine.
12:00 Left the park, had to ride back to the cars.
12:30 Phase II of plan, lunch at Jamba Juice and the bagel store.
So, the parking lot at Jamab Juice may very well be the worst parking lot in Boulder. But Boulder has so many to choose from, I won't make that declaration. But it's bad. The section by Jamba Juice is always full at lunch, and if a spot does open up, it's right at the exit to a large shopping center with a ton of traffic. Ellen got there first and after I orbiting around the lot once, a spot opened by Ellen's car and she tried to save it for me. But the car in front of me got there first and Ellen had to bribe the driver with a Jamba Juice to let me have it. Luckily another spot opened up, otherwise I don't think he was going to give it too me. But there was one problem with the spot, it was a tad small. But Ellen gave me the go ahead and so I parked there. I would never park like this unless it was Ellen's car (which she gave me permission to scrape and bump) but I can't imagine what people thought when they saw our cars.

Aren't our cars cute? They are like brothers. Same model but I think Ellen's is an '05 and mine is an '04.
Ariel was asleep (she had fallen asleep in the backpack on the way back) so I put her in the stroller and she stayed asleep. We got Jamba Juice, then headed over to the bagel store. At some point Ariel woke up and drank her juice, but only sucked on a bagel.
2:00 After lunch we stopped by Performance to get Alex and Adam some bike gloves just like Ted the Biking Machine.
2:30 Home. I managed to return two phone calls, which felt like a huge accomplishment (even though I had to leave a message for one).
3:00 Quick snack, yogurt and half a jar of sweet potatoes.
3:15 After changing a poopy, Ariel went down for a nap.
4:30 Pick up.
And a little Found Money update (or as I like to call it now, Treasure Hunting). My grand total of found money since 7-6-2007 is $89.06. That includes $.65 of interest, but not the $5 peso coin, an Australian penny or two RTD coins of undetermined value. Not bad for 9 months. Think I can earn a plane ticket in a year?
And one more thing. A while back, Crissy asked me what I've been knitting. I updated my knitting page with recent projects (click on the link under my picture on the right).

2 comments:
I love the pic of Ariel with the bunny ears!!
(And I think you mean money earned since 2006, not 2007 :P )
As Bob the Builder would say..."Yes, you CAN" earn a plane ticket. I'm hoping you decide you fly to MD with your hard "found" money. Miss ya! (and Dorthy too!)
Post a Comment